Thursday, September 13, 2012

Guest Blog: Meet a fellow runner!

Hey everyone! I’m Bethany Kirkwood and I along with my friends Tamara Barrett and Chris Kochanek will be running the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon on November 3rd. When I decided that I was ready to tackle the marathon, I knew that I did not want to do it without a purpose. I wanted to run for something bigger than just the satisfaction of completing 26.2 miles, I wanted to run for the glory of God. When I started my marathon training, I stumbled upon a verse from The Bible that has stuck with me through every run; Psalms 26:2 “Test me, O LORD, and try me, examine my heart and my mind.” I truly feel that God has brought us girls together to be a voice and hope for Ramie and her family. While Ramie and I were never close friends, we were teammates. I was able to play sports with her during middle school, and something I can say is that she made it a point to include me and give me confidence when I lacked it. If it were not for people like Ramie giving me courage to excel in things I enjoyed, such as running, I would never be where I am today. I am blessed to be a voice for such a beautiful angel, who has captured the hearts of so many people. I would ask that if you feel it in your heart to donate, whether it is financially or in prayer, we would appreciate it more than you could ever imagine. God Bless! -Bethany

**Chris recently decided to join us in Running for Ramie as well! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment