Monday, September 3, 2012

2 Months to Go!

2 Months from today I will have accomplished the task of running a marathon in memory of my dear friend Ramie and in honor of her family. That is exciting and terrifying at the same time. I went on a long run today and realized I still have a lot of factors to consider as far as nutrition and hydration throughout the event.  Overall I am thankful for the opportunity and that my goal is to finish, not set a record. We have sold a lot of shirts but I know there are so many people who would love them if they knew about the cause so please share this with anyone you can! Anyone who played sports with, or even knew, Ramie can attest to her love of good gear. She would totally love the idea of selling them to raise money for an awesome cause. I believe a little bit of healing occurs each time I get to share this experience with someone new. When I get to explain my motivation for running, and raising funds, it reminds me all over again that it isn't at all about me- but rather lifting up the Harris family in honor. This is going to get even more difficult as I run distances (from this week on) I have never run in my life, but I'm thankful for encouragement from those who are choosing to invest in this cause. 




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment